Car Insurance

Drive Happy

At the Garlow Insurance Agency, we can help you to make sure that you have the car insurance that is required by law in the state of Virginia. While the state only requires liability coverage or the payment of the uninsured motor vehicle fee, if you have a loan or a lease on your vehicle, there may be requirements beyond the minimum. Making sure that your auto insurance meets your needs at a price you can afford is essential to us. We can help you build the auto policy that will fully protect your vehicle in an accident.



Liability insurance protects other drivers and vehicles from an accident where you are at fault. The state of Virginia requires that you have a minimum of $25,000 in coverage for one person and double that amount for two or more persons with $20,000 to cover damage to property or that you pay the uninsured motor vehicle fee (this provides no insurance coverage, and you have personal liability for any damage or injury incurred). This is the minimum required, depending on your situation, you may want to have more coverage to protect your assets.



Collision coverage may be required if you have a loan or a lease on your vehicle. This coverage pays to repair or replace your car if it is damaged in a collision.



Comprehensive insurance protects your vehicle from damage caused by hazards other than a collision, like fire, lightning, wind, or vandalism. If your car is stolen, this is the coverage that will replace it. This is also your glass coverage so that your windshield can be replaced if it is damaged.


Need a price comparison on your auto insurance? Request a Quote!

312 Cedar Lakes Drive #201
Chesapeake, VA 23332

(757)  548-1515

Facebook    |    Youtube    |    Linkedin